Sunday, February 20, 2011

mount vernon garden house


on this presidents weekend, i'm thinking of our presidents houses. i have always been inspired by the garden room that designer victoria hagan did many years ago at Mount Vernon for House Beautiful...it's been on my inspiration board since then and led to me to a field trip there to see the home and gardens of george washington...love the floor to ceiling shutters, the rustic stone floors, the shelf with glass cloches above the door, white linen slipcovers and of course the natural color palette...

3 comments:

  1. i have never seen this before. it is gorgeous.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this. I've had this room "stuck" in my head for years and didn't know where I had seen it. I feel a road trip coming on!

    ReplyDelete